Master Class 2013
August 5st - August 13th, 2013
The Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation
Sten A Olssons Stiftelse för Forskning och Kultur
Gustaf B. Thordéns Stiftelse
The Helena Döse Master Class 2013 will be the eighth event in a successful series of Master Classes held in Kungälv, Sweden. World renowned teacher Professor Rudolf Piernay, pianist Ulrich Staerk, and Anita Åstrand together with Helena Döse are teaming up to deliver high quality voice education. The course starts on Monday the 5th of August and ends with a public concert on Tuesday the 13th of August. A select group of 12 singers will be admitted.
Professor Rudolf Piernay is regarded as one of the most respected voice teachers around the world. Among his famous students are leading opera stars Bryn Terfel, Michael Volle, Melanie Diener, Anke Vondung and Kate Royal. Mr Piernay divides his time between Germany teaching at The Hochschule für Musik in Mannheim and London where he is based at The Guildhall School of Music & Drama.
Ulrich Staerk will be giving interpretation classes and creates magic. His coaching sessions with singers are extraordinary. He is regarded as one of the finest concert pianists in Scandinavia and is very sought after as a song- and opera accompanist worldwide. We are extremely proud and happy to have him as a member of our faculty.
Anita Åstrand is a licensed physicaltherapist, instruktor of yoga and dalcrozerythmic and a former professor at Academy of Music and Drama at Gothenburg University. She will guide the participents through the "Elsa technique" in groups and in private sessions. The work is focused on a greater body awareness to free creativity and vocal possibility to enable a stronger and freer voice with true expression.
Helena Döse has been appointed Royal Court Singer of Sweden and has more than 45 years of experience of a stage career at the most significant opera houses around the world. In September 2012 she sang the part of The Old Baroness in Samuel Barbers Opera „ Vanessa“ at The Opera Frankfurt, Germany.
The total course fee is SEK 13.000. This is an all inclusive package for 9 days of classes with the teachers mentioned and also including 10 nights of accommodation in a 2-bed room and full board.
There is an extra fee for a single room.
The course fee includes:
- Lessons every day with Professor Rudolf Piernay and Ulrich Staerk 4 X 45 minutes each. This also comprises an additional daily workshop. Please note that all the classes are open to all registered students.
- Lessons every day with Anita Åstrand working in groups for 1 1/2 hours plus additional private lessons.
- Coaching lessons with Helena Döse. Rehearsal with coaching for the public concert the 13th of August, when our concert pianist Ulrich Staerk will be accompanying all performers.
- A trip to the island of Marstrand including a guided tour and dinner. Marstrand is a beautiful old summer resort with an ancient fortress and a very special history.
- Full board including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Networking, a lot of singing and fun!
The last day of application is the June 5, 2013. Please use the application form and attach a CD with 3 sample songs or arias and send to Helena Döse-Gross by regular mail. You will receive confirmation before June 14 confirming your admittance to the Master Class. A pre payment of SEK 2.000 will be required. The last day for payment of the remaining course fee SEK 11.000 is July 21.
Send application to
Helena Döse Gross
National payments: Bankgiro 430-4275, SEB
International payments: BIC ESSESESS, IBAN SE3350000000051521016852.
SE 44217 Kungälv, Sweden
This page was last changed: 2013-04-14 | 14:00:03